Inside The Bean – Zine by Salt & Wonder
A ZINE ABOUT COFFEE
Hi! How’ve you bean?
The little zine on your screen started with a few coincidences a few years ago over a coffee in Zurich. One was Anna, heart, drive, and soul of Salt & Wonder. The other was Alicia, our first super fan, seeking some inspiration and community. Coffee is more than caffeine, more than a means to an end.
We were new to coffee — specialty coffee to be exact — what makes it so special after all? What do these hipsters in their cafés know that we don’t? So we made this little zine with the intention to be a guide. To break up the fear and show how diverse and inviting the world of specialty coffee can be.
Inside this Zine of Salt & Wonder:
– The Journey of the Bean, how it ends up in your cup. / featuring miró manufactura de café (Zurich)
– How coffee shapes our worlds in: A Cultural Thing / interviewing Shem from STOLL Kaffee
– Our color palate in: The Colorful World of Coffee / inspired by COFFEE
– Ending: Some practical tips in: Not Just for Nerds / featuring 169 West Wine & Coffee Bar
– Glossary of coffee-related terms.
We also feature the work of a few very-talented illustrators from across the globe throughout. Coffee is universal after all.
– Front-Cover: Le.BLUE based in London, leblue.net, ig:@le__blue
– Claudia Salgueiro, claudiasalgueiro.com, ig: @cs_salgueiro
– Anthony Atkinson, bigaband.com, ig: @bigaband
– Sara Farina, sarafarina.com, ig: @farinasara
– Yui Watanabe, eidos.tokyo, ig: @eidos.tokyo
– Ana Vee Valdez, anavaldez.com, ig: @badddcat
Combined with our awesome editorial contributors: Thomas Hendricks, Jordan Rose, Elysabeth Cianci
We’re no coffee experts, but we drink it so much we wanted to know more. Turns out it’s nothing to be afraid of, just something to explore. Where might it take you?
Details: 148,5 x 210 mm, 44 Pages, digital print on Munken, perfect bound. No Ads.