Drift – Issue 8: London
Drift is a new print magazine devoted to coffee culture. Each issue takes us to a different city across the globe, as our writers and photographers dive into what makes a city’s coffee scene tick.
Introducing Drift: London.
The British capital has become an unlikely hotbed for a rapidly evolving coffee scene, absorbing diverse influences from its increasingly diverse citizenry. Home to deeply entrenched tea culture, the development of the city mirrors the development of its booming coffee scene. As the younger generation welcomes coffee traditions from Brooklyn, Melbourne, Turkey, and more, London, home of the royal family, iconic red phone booths, and double-decker buses, grapples with its identity. In this issue, we explore how tea-crazy London went mad for coffee and how its integration of international coffee-savvy experts is changing as Brexit looms. Featuring potters, flat white-pouring Aussies, refugees, and expats, Volume 8 holds a magnifying glass to London, England.
Drift: London includes:
- How a tea nation became coffee-obsessed in the first place
- How London’s affinity for newness led to rampant pop-up culture
- Photo essay of London bikers queueing for their morning cups
- How roasters in England are rewriting the script on responsible sourcing
- How public transport and coffee fuel the global capital
- And more..
DETAILS 160 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full color on uncoated paper. Carbon neutral printing. No ads.