BranD Magazine – Issue 48: Limited Printing
BranD is an international bi-monthly magazine, focusing on multidisciplinary communication design from Hong Kong.
Preorder now: restock ships end of April!
BranD defines a new way to look into Communication Design by presenting, researching and manifesting excellent works amongst Visual Art, Advertising, Product, Graphic, Interior, Architecture, etc. Every issue not only expends around numbers of high-quality visual features to seek the real content and values behind different forms of communications, but also includes in-depth observation articles andcolumns from the industry’s leading organizations and individuals. The Community section brings the designers, artists, art directors, marketing specialists, and business strategists together to seek the multidisciplinary creative methodology behind communication design for businesses.
Limited Printing: Designers Printing Press
As digital media prevails, the days of spreading paper flyers throughout the busy streets had long passed. People are accustomed to the information spread on new media. Also, the global demand for newsprint and printing paper is declining, and many paper producers in different fields have experienced bankruptcy. But these situations seem to push the arrival of a new wave — prints will enter into the era of refinement.
Regarding paper and inks as crucial media of creation, designers and artists are experimenting on diverse printing techniques, in order to elevate printing to a more unique and innovative level, endow it with more thoughtful quality, and generate in-depth dialogues with people. BranD in Issue 48 endeavors to present the glamorous printing, to bring the joy and beauty of reading to our readers and meanwhile gain the freedom of expression as well as creation.
Highlights of Issue 48:
- Each cover brings to readers a color wheel of the gray category. Readers who fancy this color system can find the colors of preference on this cover to mix and match.
- There are six features to introduce various kinds of printing techniques including:
- Full Color Printing: CMYK
- Consistent & Accurate: Spot Color
- Flexible & Diversified: Special Effect Inks
- Universal & Multifunctional: Foil Stamping
- Three-Dimensional Touch: Embossing & Debossing
- Direct & Clear: Cutting & Engraving
- Warm & Exquisite: Handmade Printing
- Besides the discussion of diverse printing techniques, this Issue adds another feature about paper to present the production process and category of modern paper.
- Every magazine comes with creative stickers that can be used to personalize their creation.